Ormond Collective is a place of many spaces and endless possibilities. Spaces can be hired together or separately. Each space holds;
– Ormond Hall – Seated no dance floor 222 pax, seated dance floor 180 pax, cocktail 500 pax.
– The Eastern Bar – 100 pax cocktail.
– The Western Bar – 250 pax cocktail.
– The Courtyard – 500 pax cocktail.
– The Conservatory – 100 pax seated, 60 pax seated dance floor, cocktail 180 pax, cocktail with courtyard 600 pax.
Ormond Collective boast not one, but two outdoor areas to be enjoyed, and often they’re best enjoyed together. The Conservatory and The Courtyard are next to each other and make for a nice indoor/outdoor arrangement when both are hired together. Each space holds:
– The Courtyard – 500 pax cocktail.
– The Conservatory (indoor/outdoor) seated without a dance floor 100 pax, seated with dance floor 60pax, cocktail 180 pax.
We provide cloaking facilities and security guards for the duration of your event. This is included in the venue hire fee, to keep things simple.
From DJs in the courtyard to live show-stopper entertainment in Ormond Hall – how best to ensure the tunes of the evening are on-point and enjoyed by all? Just ask us – Harry the Hirer are our preferred in-house audio visual supplier for Ormond Collective, because they’re the best at what they do. Our Magic Makers can put you in touch with them directly – and we can tell you a few tidbits first. An audio visual technician will be required during your event to manage the in-house equipment, this technician charges $85.00 per hour, with a minimum 4-hour booking. Have any questions? Let us put you in touch with them.
One note, all events held in Ormond Collective are required to use the in-house PA system for speeches, presentations and entertainment.
Ormond Collective venue includes:
– Custom made table linen in an oatmeal colour tone and white linen napkins.
– 12 round Paris café tables.
– 12 Paris high bar tables with a brass edge and penny tile top for indoor or outdoor use.
– Three wooden square bar tables with matching studded bar stools plus additional stools set at The Western Bar
– Eight green panelled movable bars with brass detail to create a central bar or food stations
– Flexible green banquette seating with brass detail (available for Ormond Hall only)
– Bentwood dining chairs in varying shades of green
– Four sets of indoor lounge furniture with Brussels wooden coffee tables
– 28 club and 8 highback chairs upholstered in a mix variety of green velvets, wool plaid and faux leather highlights
– A varied green coloured selection of Lune ridge tea light candles
– Range of crystal cut glassware and decanters
– A selection of green and white outdoor Paris chairs and stools
– 14 charcoal timber outdoor picnic tables
– 12 black market umbrellas
The Big Group has four unique venues to choose from; Luminare, The Glasshouse, Ormond Collective and Myer Mural Hall. Each venue has Big Factor features unseen anywhere else. Ormond Collective offers:
– Open air large Courtyard beside the indoor/outdoor Conservatory, making for an ideal indoor/outdoor event space in Melbourne’s south CBD district.
– Centrally located on St Kilda Rd with close access to public transport options.
– A charming hidden Chapel, close to the CBD.
– Historic bluestone bulidings with fine refurbished interior. Each space has a unique feel.
– Iconic Melbourne entertainment venue, historically a show-stopper space in Ormond Hall.
Our Magic Makers can organise a quote for a dancefloor in a few of the spaces of Ormond Collective. We work with numerous dancefloor suppliers and would be happy to arrange a quotation on your behalf.
We love a private event at Ormond Collective and with so many spaces to choose from, any private event is possible. Indulge yourself in a charming garden party, a big birthday bash or a well-to-do formal affair – Ormond Collective has a space for every occasion.
Indulge in the culinary experience that The Big Group is known for at your event. Chat with a Magic Maker about the specifics of our catering packages, although generally we offer:
– Plated or shared – starts at $180.00 per person
– Plated – Inclusive of three canapés on arrival, plated entrée, alternating main, a choice between one plated dessert or three mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package I.
– Shared – Inclusive of two canapés on arrival, two shared entrée dishes, three shared main dishes, two side dishes, two mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package I.
– 5 hour Cocktail Package* – $155.00 per person, fourteen items per person and 5 hour beverage package I.
*2 hour, 3 hour and 4 hour cocktail packages available
Up the garden path and around the corner is a place of garden parties and dapper bars, majestic halls and charming chapels; ready for the journey?
Centrally located on St Kilda Rd, just south of Melbourne’s CBD lies the historically charming collection of bluestone buildings that make up Ormond Collective. The main entrance to Ormond Collective is via Moubray Street, and the entrance to The Pavillion and The Western Bar are via side gate on Moubray Street.
Ticketed parking is available for guests attending the event along Moubray Street and St Kilda Road. Monday to Saturday parking is free after 6.30pm, Sunday is free all-day parking.
Ormond Collective’s liquor licensing is until 1am Monday – Saturday and 11pm on Sundays. The Courtyard license is till 10pm every day.
Due to residential zoning, acoustic and non amplified entertainment is allowed in the Courtyard area until 10pm. After this time any extended entertainment will need to be held in the Bar area.
Amplified entertainment is not available in The Courtyard or Conservatory area. You may turn the tunes up within Ormond Hall, The Eastern and The Western Bars until the party is over.