Monday to Wednesday – 8:00am to 5:30pm
Thursday and Friday – 8:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday – 11:00am to 10:00pm
We are open for coffee and take away from 8:00am Monday to Friday.
Saturday and Sunday for Rosé from 11:00am.
The Garden opens for bookings from 11:00am everyday.
All bookings are to be made through Open Table on our website.
Click here to make a booking.
You may cancel your booking anytime through Open Table. Please note, any cancellations within 24 hours will be subject to the cancellation fee of $50 per person.
If you would like to alter your booking you can do so through Open Table, however any changes within 24 hours need to be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, cancellations within 24 hours will be subject to the cancellation fee.
Each booking is a duration of 1.5 hours. Unfortunately due to COVID restrictions, this time cannot be extended.
Our reservation times Monday to Wednesday are 11:00am to 3:00pm
Thursday through to Sunday reservations are 11:00am to 7:00pm
Yes we do! Seating for walk ins are either in the Beer Garden or The Conservatory (subject to availability)
The wait time for walk ins depends dramatically on the day.
You sure can! Dogs are welcome to sit at the table or in their own pooch parking. We recommend they try a puppa-cino.
We do not offer a brunch specific menu, however you are welcome to order anything from the menu at any seating time!
The maximum number of people in a group booking is 8 people. If you have a group of 8 or more please send through your enquiry to email@example.com and one of our team will be able to assist you with availability and pricing.
There is no set menu for groups of less than 10. In The Garden we offer our full menu, in The Beer Garden we have a bar snack menu.
We will always do our best to accommodate requests to sit inside, so please place these requests when booking your table.
Unfortunately, we do not provide high-chairs but you are welcome to bring your own.
The Conservatory is for walk ins and take away only.
Ormond Collective is a place of many spaces and endless possibilities. Spaces can be hired together or separately. Each space holds;
– Ormond Hall – Seated no dance floor 222 pax, seated dance floor 180 pax, cocktail 500 pax.
– The Eastern Bar – 100 pax cocktail.
– The Western Bar – 350 pax cocktail.
– The Courtyard – 420 pax cocktail.
– The Pavilion – seated no dance floor 100 pax, seated with dance floor 60 pax, cocktail 180 pax.
Ormond Collective boast not one, but two outdoor areas to be enjoyed, and often they’re best enjoyed together. The Pavillion and The Courtyard are next to each other and make for a nice indoor/outdoor arrangement when both are hired together. Each space holds:
– The Courtyard – 420 pax cocktail.
– The Pavilion (indoor/outdoor) seated without a dance floor 100 pax, seated with dance floor 60pax, cocktail 180 pax.
We provide cloaking facilities and security guards for the duration of your event. This is included in the venue hire fee, to keep things simple.
From DJs in the courtyard to live show-stopper entertainment in Ormond Hall – how best to ensure the tunes of the evening are on-point and enjoyed by all? Just ask us – Harry the Hirer are our preferred in-house audio visual supplier for Ormond Collective, because they’re the best at what they do. Our Magic Makers can put you in touch with them directly – and we can tell you a few tidbits first. An audio visual technician will be required during your event to manage the in-house equipment, this technician charges $85.00 per hour, with a minimum 4-hour booking. Have any questions? Let us put you in touch with them.
One note, all events held in Ormond Collective are required to use the in-house PA system for speeches, presentations and entertainment.
Ormond Collective venue includes:
– Custom made table linen in an oatmeal colour tone and white linen napkins.
– 12 round Paris café tables.
– 12 Paris high bar tables with a brass edge and penny tile top for indoor or outdoor use.
– Three wooden square bar tables with matching studded bar stools plus additional stools set at The Western Bar
– Eight green panelled movable bars with brass detail to create a central bar or food stations
– Flexible green banquette seating with brass detail (available for Ormond Hall only)
– Bentwood dining chairs in varying shades of green
– Four sets of indoor lounge furniture with Brussels wooden coffee tables
– 28 club and 8 highback chairs upholstered in a mix variety of green velvets, wool plaid and faux leather highlights
– A varied green coloured selection of Lune ridge tea light candles
– Range of crystal cut glassware and decanters
– A selection of green and white outdoor Paris chairs and stools
– 14 charcoal timber outdoor picnic tables
– 12 black market umbrellas
The Big Group has four unique venues to choose from; Luminare, The Glasshouse, Ormond Collective and Myer Mural Hall. Each venue has Big Factor features unseen anywhere else. Ormond Collective offers:
– Open air large Courtyard beside the indoor/outdoor Pavillion, making for an ideal indoor/outdoor event space in Melbourne’s south CBD district.
– Centrally located on St Kilda Rd with close access to public transport options.
– A charming hidden Chapel, close to the CBD.
– Historic bluestone bulidings with fine refurbished interior. Each space has a unique feel.
– Iconic Melbourne entertainment venue, historically a show-stopper space in Ormond Hall.
Our Magic Makers can organise a quote for a dancefloor in a few of the spaces of Ormond Collective. We work with numerous dancefloor suppliers and would be happy to arrange a quotation on your behalf.
We love a private event at Ormond Collective and with so many spaces to choose from, any private event is possible. Indulge yourself in a charming garden party, a big birthday bash or a well-to-do formal affair – Ormond Collective has a space for every occasion.
Indulge in the culinary experience that The Big Group is known for at your event. Chat with a Magic Maker about the specifics of our catering packages, although generally we offer:
– Plated or shared – starts at $180.00 per person
– Plated – Inclusive of three canapés on arrival, plated entrée, alternating main, a choice between one plated dessert or three mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package I.
– Shared – Inclusive of two canapés on arrival, two shared entrée dishes, three shared main dishes, two side dishes, two mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package I.
– 5 hour Cocktail Package* – $155.00 per person, fourteen items per person and 5 hour beverage package I.
*2 hour, 3 hour and 4 hour cocktail packages available
Up the garden path and around the corner is a place of garden parties and dapper bars, majestic halls and charming chapels; ready for the journey?
Centrally located on St Kilda Rd, just south of Melbourne’s CBD lies the historically charming collection of bluestone buildings that make up Ormond Collective. The main entrance to Ormond Collective is via Moubray Street, and the entrance to The Pavillion and The Western Bar are via side gate on Moubray Street.
Ticketed parking is available for guests attending the event along Moubray Street and St Kilda Road. Monday to Saturday parking is free after 6.30pm, Sunday is free all-day parking.
Ormond Collective’s liquor licensing is until 1am Monday – Saturday and 11pm on Sundays. The Courtyard license is till 10pm every day.
Due to residential zoning, acoustic and non amplified entertainment is allowed in the Courtyard area until 10pm. After this time any extended entertainment will need to be held in the Bar area.
Amplified entertainment is not available in The Courtyard or Pavilion area. You may turn the tunes up within Ormond Hall, The Eastern and The Western Bars until the party is over.